Monday, June 22, 2009

Future Sports Star!

Tonight Thomas decided to show Daddy just how athletic he can be! He has a small basketball hoop in his playroom and so far he hasn't seemed to understand its use. Until tonight. He tried to dunk the ball when Daddy got home! It was pretty adorable and he couldn't quite reach so we put some cushions down so he could reach better. I don't know who was more thrilled, Daddy or Thomas! Hope you enjoy the video!



Today our doumi came back from her weeks vacation. We were all so happy to see her! It meant I had to work a full day again, but Thomas was much more comfortable being at home with her rather than in the Kindergarten with our director.
Doumi brought him a pair of black Mickey Mouse Crocs. Lucky guy, she treats him like her own grandson! She was so happy to see him and he seemed happy to have her back. Sleeping on her back in the traditional Korean style is one of his favorite places to nap. She even asked if he missed it, since that is one of the Korean words he says. Tom and I don't carry him like that so he probably did miss it!
I took Thomas out for an almost 2 hour walk to HomePlus(supermarket) tonight. It is kind of like a big Walmart with a bakery, produce, meat and dairy section in it as well as the packaged and canned foods. It is owned mostly by Tesco which is a big supermarket chain in the UK. I love it because they have started bringing in more Tesco branded products which are basically imported foods at a lower price. Today I found boxed mixes for Yorkshire Puddings(OMG!), Victoria Sponge cake and Pizza Crust! Just add 1 egg and water! I also found creamed corn which I hadn't had in years! I was so excited! Hahaha...simple things amuse me, especially when it comes to cooking and ingredients that I haven't seen for so long! The best part was each mix cost under 2,000won(Less than $2) each!
Thomas walked the whole way home from the store, which meant a 10min straight walk became a 30min meandering stroll under the leafy trees that shade the sidewalk. It was dark by this time, but Korea is a fan of neon lights and light pollution is an ever-present issue here. He really enjoyed his walk, but he was constantly seeking out the mong-mongs(puppies) by calling them. When I said they were all gone in Korean or English, he would do the baby sign for all gone. It was really too cute!
Once we got home we still had an hour until Daddy arrived so we played a spirited game of Hide-and-Seek. Mommy is too good though, and he started crying when he couldn't find me! He usually loves it when we hide and jump out and scare him, but when he couldn't find me he became so upset. I kept calling him until he found me and he just climber into my arms for a big hug and laid his head on my shoulder. That made me feel awful so we cuddled on the couch and read one of his favorite stories until Daddy came home.
I know that our daily life may not be that interesting to everyone, but every moment with Thomas is special to me and Tom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested! hide and go seek is so fun when they are little.. i remember dublin getting upset when he couldnt find me too. thomas is so cute! when he flips over the couch it looked like it hurt! me and dublin were watching the video together...but he kept watching those fish on the side of your profile and yelling out what color fishes he saw!

    ReplyDelete