Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Kimchi Kid wants YOU to come and play!


That's right! I mean YOU!!


After feeling the need for solitude and not finding it, I ended up deciding to be social instead! Haha...inconsistent, I know!
I was invited out by my friends Kat and Viola who I hadn't seen for a few weeks. It was decided that we would meet for dinner at TGIFriday's by Bucheon Station. Thomas and I were excited to go and see our beloved Emo Kat and our darling Viola. Daddy decided to tag along at the last minute and we were off to have a nice evening out! At TGIFriday's we ordered for Thomas from the kid's menu for the first time, but we ended up eating most of it, not him! Coconut shrimp, grilled pineapple, BBQ ribs and french fries with a fruit smoothie. Yummy! He had a bite of the shrimp, pineapple and some fries. I think he ate 2 ribs by himself but he was more interested in his smoothie than anything else! Daddy and I shared their deep-fried Mac & Cheese bites. We all had a lovely chat and a decent meal but we girls were just getting started on the catching up! Daddy was sweet enough to offer to put Thomas to bed so I could go out with the ladies and have a drink or 2.
We ended up going to Rhythm and Booze, the local expat hangout. I had 2 tasty Malibu and Coke's with the girls. Uncle Mattie, Rachel, Kate, Abbie and her friend Esther all joined us for a few hours. We laughed a lot, particularly thanks to Uncle Mattie's warped sense of humour! I have only been out maybe 3-4 times since Thomas was born, so it was nice for me to relax and chat with my friends.
Friday was a super busy day, but we made a new schedule with our doumi ajumma and she took care of Thomas from 1-7pm for us. This meant we could go out to a movie! We watched Transformers 2, which was ok, but way to long!
Saturday we had a lazy day, just me and Thomas playing together while Daddy taught. We took a 3 hour nap and went our for a super delicious dinner! After dinner we watched a Korean movie, "The Good, the Bad and the Weird". It wasn't the greatest movie I've seen here, but not bad. Thomas had one of his "I refuse to sleep!" nights and fell asleep in my arms on the sofa.
Sunday we had our friend Devika come over at 10am for a Costco trip! We had no issues with traffic there or back and were able to shop in comfort. Thomas fell asleep on the trip back, but only slept maybe 20minutes total. When we laid him down at the house, he woke up 5 minutes later and that was it! He was up for the rest of the day! We had a great time playing and chatting with Devika, and then our friends Aaron and Helena came over with her sister and their new baby son, Elijah.
We all had a great time chatting, oohing and aahing over the baby and laughing over Thomas's reaction to the new little guy. He was very uncertain while I held the baby, but got up close and personal once Elijah was back with his own Mommy. Then he got really close and even tried to comfort Elijah who was crying from being woken up by all us nosey people! It was really sweet to see how Thomas reacted and how interested he was in this tiny new baby.
Overall we had a great few days, full of socialization and action. Thomas has been showing some shyness and anxiety over meeting people other than us, even if he has met them before. We worked hard to socialize him this weekend and it seems like it paid off.
Aaron liked it so much he took it home to try with Elijah!

He was very happy and content when Aaron had him in the Mobywrap for a demonstration.
Devika also seemed to be able to play and amuse him well. The best progress was with Viola though! She was able to hold him briefly without Thomas crying, fussing or trying to push away from her. Admittedly there was a helium balloon involved, but it was progress nonetheless!
Hope everyone else had a great weekend too! We plan to try and meet up with many more friends, old and new this Summer! (Craig, Abbie, Angela, Karen, Sarah, Alana and who ever else reads this, we mean YOU!)

4 comments:

  1. I love the Korean movie you watched (we just call it 놈놈놈) simply because my favorite actor is in it. As for storyline/main message, it did lack there. I've been trying to get my husband to do a similar hairstyle to "the bad" because I know it would look so good on him, and we're finally just about there. ^o^ He got a compliment when I styled his hair for the audition (just so he could look darn good, too!), so now he's convinced.

    I'm all up for meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairstyle is pretty sexy, have to give you that! ^^ I like "My Sassy Girl", "Classic" and "Kidnapping Granny Ko"(I think). I like Korean Comedies more so while I did enjoy parts of the movie, I was bored by the action. Hubby liked it a lot though!
    Anytime you guys want to come visit, let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll definitely come for a visit soon. I hope our real estate woes are worked out soon. We are still waiting to hear from the landlord and the real estate agent about the needed repairs. I hope we aren't in the hotel for long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg... so many new names
    it feels like i've been gone for forever :(

    ReplyDelete